What to Expect
Awakening Warriors is a 12-week journey for ladies looking to start or further their health and fitness goals. It is a well rounded class that looks to improve areas of cardiovascular fitness, total-body strength, awareness of nutrition and how we can live a happier-healthier-stronger life. A big portion of Awakening Warriors is surrounded around goal setting and action plans to reach personal goals and create healthy lifelong habits. The group works together to help support and aid one another as a network to be accountable to. Each 12-week session starts with an evening kickoff to introduce the class, act as a meet and greet of the coach and other team leaders as well as your warrior tribe. If you are looking for change this is the class for you.
Evening kickoff September 14th @ 7:00pm
Session September 19th – December 9th
Awakening Warriors is a great program in a fabulous welcoming environment.The love and support in the room from the group of ladies in the class is wonderful . We are all at different levels of fitness and strength , both physical and mental , and it is so nice to have everyone cheering you on . There was no judgement or competition between participants and I really appreciated that . Peg keeps us focused on our goals and won’t let us give up on ourselves . The variety of activities makes sure you won’t get bored and keeps you working all different muscle groups . I gained muscle , strength, endurance and confidence in the class . I also made a bunch of friends. I will now even participate in the recreational boxing class with people of all ages , genders and abilities without feeling like I don’t belong. The Bulldogs Boxing Gym is like a family ,a big , goofy, energetic, loud ,lovely family. Awakening Warriors will help you get your mind and body back in shape.
The Awakening Warrior program is not your average gym experience. It’s a holistic approach to your health. This program creates a community among its members, a safe and encouraging space to push your limits and challenge old stories about what you think is possible. I’ve personally benefitted from more than just the fitness component – although, that has been incredible and the coach has been able to meet everyone exactly where they are at. The goal-setting sessions and accountability that is built into the program along with the support from the coach outside of class has helped me achieve more than I ever dared to dream would be possible. In the process, I’ve gained a new level of confidence and an incredible community.
I joined Awakening Warriors in hopes of getting back on track with my physical fitness. I am not usually one to join groups or classes, but I heard it was a great program so figured I’d give it a shot. I can’t quite put into words how good of a decision that was. I loved everything about it, the exercises, the format, the coaching, the tribe. I honestly never would have thought I’d get up that early every day or stick to a schedule, but I was motivated. And, the difference in the fitness test from the beginning to the end was a huge surprise, because I was so busy enjoying the classes that I didn’t notice how much stronger I was getting. Peggy is a fantastic coach, it’s a super supportive environment, and it’s fun!!
Monday- Wednesday- Friday, 6:30-7:30 am
- Injuries- We can modify and adapt all workouts to fit your individualized needs.
- Unfit- Everyone starts at their own baseline! You will progress in the class at your own rate.
Of, course! Leave here feeling refreshed and ready to go for the day!
- Comfortable clothing, athletic shoes, and a water bottle.
- Good attitude and willingness to embark on your NEW fitness journey.
- You will be participating in an evening kick off, prior to your 12-week journey.
- You will have 3 workouts a week, that have a variety of both body weighted and weight exercises. Each workout will vary in design whether it is circuit style or Tabata HIIT style. Awakening Warriors also includes daily actions step and goal setting, as well a nutritional guidance.
- Meet your Warrior Tribe (other participants).
- You will learn about the 12-week program, led by Warrior Chief Peggy Maerz.
- Icebreakers lead by Eiko who is an art therapist- A Tribe Leader.
- Organic Goal Setting, led by Peggy and Shannon- Tribe Leader.
If there is a mandated shut down, nothing gets in your way we will roll to our virtual platform Zoom.
Yes, your Warrior Chief has the solution, and will have adaptation for all your exercises. If you have an open flexible mind it will even be FUN!